Yep, I talk to myself… we all do! What a lot of people don’t realize is that it’s not only healthy to talk to yourself, it’s a key to feeling a sense of control and peace.
You can say the wrong things to yourself and feel a sense of weakness and vulnerability.
The trick is to have a few positive mantras that you can repeat in your mind over and over when you need them. Here are a few of my favorites which you’re welcome to use anytime you need them. They give me strength, and they’ll do the same for you.
- I love myself no matter what.
- I’m in charge of my own emotions.
- I will attract what I think about so I better think about good stuff!
- When I’m going through hell, I should keep going… this too shall pass!
- Everyone has horrible scars. Mine make me who I am.
- What I’m looking for is not in the past. It’s in the present.
- Every single day is a brand new beginning–tomorrow could be great!