Do summer vacations leave you relaxed or fretful over travel and money? Winter holidays—do they fill you with joy or with worries about gift-giving and family gatherings? If you’re feeling stressed out over supposedly fun things, it might be time to reassess. Take a few moments to learn what you can do about it.
To Reduce Stress
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise regularly. Just 30 minutes a day of walking can boost mood and reduce stress.
- Build a social support network.
- Set priorities. Decide what must get done and what can wait. Say no to new tasks if they are putting you into overload.
- Think positive. Note what you’ve accomplished at the end of the day, not what you’ve failed to do.
- Try relaxation methods.Mindfulness, meditation, yoga, or tai chi may help.
- Seek help. Talk to a mental health professional if you feel unable to cope, have suicidal thoughts, or use drugs or alcohol to cope.
To read more on this subject click here.
Check out our Facebook Page ♥