5 Ways to Have a More Positive Outlook
Developing a Brighter Outlook
Do you tend to look on the sunny side, or do you see a future filled with dark, stormy skies? A growing body of research suggests that having a positive outlook can benefit your physical health. NIH-funded scientists are working to better understand the links between your attitude and your body. They’re finding some evidence that emotional wellness can be improved by developing the following skills:
- Remember your good deeds. Give yourself credit for the good things you’ve done.
- Forgive yourself. Look at mistakes as learning experiences and move on.
- Spend more time with the “right” friends. Surround yourself with positive, healthy people.
- Explore your beliefs about the meaning and purpose of life. Think about how to guide your life by the principles that are important to you.
- Develop healthy physical habits. Healthy eating, physical activity, and regular sleep can improve your physical and mental health.
Adapted from U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration.
For more information on this article, click here.